Dendrite to install Intellect System to track cardiothoracic surgery procedures at Auckland City Hospital
Dendrite Clinical Systems is to install its “Intellect System” to track outcomes of cardiothoracic surgery at the Cardiothoracic and Vascular Intensive Care and High Dependency Unit, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand. The establishment of a Dendrite system at the unit will improve the quality of data and coding quality by creating effective clinical data entry and reporting, and data validation.
This unique software allows an extensive array of in built analytic and risk modelling functions including:
- Simple distribution analyses (Single group, multi group descriptive statistics with Chi squared and Yates tests, t-tests)
- Bayes and logistic regression models
- Longitudinal Analysis (Kaplan Meier, Cox Regression, and Hazard curves for both survival and event free analysis)
- Sequential Outcome Analysis (CUSUM, CRAM, CRAO, VLAD, SPRTs)
- Volume/Outcome Analysis (Funnel Plots)
- Risk Scoring Evaluation (ROC curves & calibration plotting)
- Risk Scoring Algorithms (POSSUM, Parsonnet, Cleveland Clinic Scoring, EuroSCORE, Bayes and Neural Networks)
- Advanced Data Analysis and Links to SPSS / S-Plus / Crystal Reports
The Dendrite system also includes an in-built Web Intellect Report Editor (WIRE) tool enabling the local Database Administrator at the hospital to build templates for local clinical documents such as discharge letters, operation reports – allowing clinical users to automatically generate these documents for patients from the database system.
Dendrite’s unique clinical database system includes four types of analytics and reports:
- Visual dashboard - facilitating real-time data analysis dashboard reflecting the required analysis/reporting needs. This dashboard can be available to the Registry Administrator (reflecting combined registry data) as well as to each registry user (reflecting their individual data)
- Flexible data analysis tools
- Data export and filtering
- Clinical documents (such as operation notes and discharge summaries)
Dendrite's solution is a unique clinical outcomes software system, provides users with the ability to track time related clinical data for analysis of any clinical scenario, all within a single software environment. Through the use of inbuilt risk stratification algorithms clinicians can benchmark their results against national and international standards, adjusted for severity of illness using well-established statistical methods. The company’s data capture software currently supports approximately 85% of cardiac units in the UK.